What this is and who we are
- These “Terms of Service” are a contract entered between you and Tasseo LLC, a limited liability company organized under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of the United States of America and operating under the laws of the United States of America. When you use our services, you expressly agree to be bound by these terms.
- Tasseo LLC is headquartered at 50 Congress Street, Suite 600, Boston, MA, 02109, USA.
- In this contract, “Tasseo,” “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Tasseo LLC. “Parties” refers collectively to you and Tasseo LLC.
- You warrant that you are at least eighteen years of age at the time you are entering into this contract.
- You agree to provide us with accurate and up-to-date contact information.
- You must comply with applicable laws.
- You must respect the rights of others, including privacy and intellectual property rights.
- You must not abuse or harm others or yourself, and you must not threaten or encourage such abuse or harm.
- You must not abuse, harm, interfere with, or disrupt our services.
- You must not use any site data harvester, web crawler, or any similar software intended to discover and extract data from our websites or services through automated, repetitive querying for the purpose of collecting such data.
- You agree to inform yourself about and to understand the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, as it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.
- You understand that although simulations of investment strategies run with historical data can help you better understand the strategies, past performance does not necessarily predict future results.
- You agree to make timely, regular payments in full for our services and to provide us with accurate and up-to-date payment information for us to process your payments.
- In exchange for the monthly service subscription fees we charge, we provide the following services:
- We provide you with the use of our website to input, modify, and save investment strategies; simulate how well your investment strategies would have performed using historical financial data; apply current financial data to your investment strategies to generate trade suggestions; and share your strategies with others.
- We provide an online forum on our website to allow you to share ideas with other users of our services. We also publish articles about various finance and investment topics.
What our services are not
- We DO NOT provide financial advice. Although our software provides templates of common investment strategies, we provide them as a starting off point for you to develop your own investment strategies.
- We DO NOT warrant the performance of any specific investment strategies, and we do not advise you that any one strategy will perform better or worse than any other strategy.
- We are NOT an investment advisor, we have no access to non-public information about publicly traded companies, and we are NOT a place for the giving or receiving of financial advice, advice concerning investment decisions, or tax or legal advice. Instead, we DO provide you with tools to simulate the performance of investment strategies with historical financial data.
- We are NEITHER a broker NOR a dealer NOR a broker/dealer. To make any trades, you will need to engage the services of an actual broker.
- Although we do provide access to historical and current financial data, we DO NOT warrant the accuracy of the data. We obtain all of our financial data from a third-party data provider—EOD Historical Data (https://eodhistoricaldata.com/). EOD Historical Data does not warrant that its data are error-free, and we likewise cannot warrant our data are error-free.
- We make commercially reasonable efforts to make our services always available to you, and in the event of any interruptions to our services, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to restore access to our services. We DO NOT warrant that our services will be accessible without uninterruption.
- We DO NOT sell software, and we DO NOT grant you proprietary rights in our software or software services. We retain all rights related to our source code, software, user interface, marks, trade dress, design, and other intellectual-property rights.
Nature of the services and content
- Because we are constantly in the process of evaluating and improving our services, we sometimes add or remove features and functionalities, increase or decrease limits to our services, and start offering new services or stop offering old ones. We endeavor to give you reasonable advance notice of such changes, except in urgent situations such as preventing abuse, responding to legal requirements, or addressing security and operability issues.
- Our services are fundamentally geared toward analyzing the performance of investment strategies by running simulations with historical financial data. Even so, **simulated performance of an investment strategy with historical financial data does not necessarily predict future results. **
- We provide content on our help and support pages, on our news and information pages, and on other pages in our website. We also provide access to user created content through our sharing features and our online forum. These various forms of content (collectively “Content”) represent the views and opinions of the original creators of the Content and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Tasseo. Just because the Content appears on our websites does not mean that we endorse the Content. We make such Content available for informational, support, and educational purposes only. We do not make any representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy, applicability, performance, or completeness of the Content. We do not warrant the accuracy, performance, effectiveness, or applicability of any sites listed or linked to in the Content.
- Some of our services give you the opportunity to input investment strategies and to make other content you create publicly available. You have no obligation to provide any content to our services and you’re free to choose the content that you want to provide. If you choose to input, upload, or share content, please make sure you have the necessary rights to do so and that the content is lawful.
- Your content remains yours, which means that you retain any intellectual property rights that you have in your content. For example, you have intellectual property rights in the creative content you make, such as opinion pieces you write and publish in the online forum.
- For any content that you provide to us (such as investment strategies and comments in the online forums), you agree to grant us a worldwide (which means it’s valid anywhere in the world), non-exclusive (which means you can license your content to others), non-revocable (which means you cannot withdraw this license), and royalty-free (which means there are no fees for this license) license to— 3. host, reproduce, distribute, communicate, and use your content — for example, to save your content on our systems and make it accessible from anywhere you go; 4. publish, publicly perform, or publicly display your content, if you’ve made it visible to others; 5. modify and create derivative works based on your content, such as reformatting or translating it; 6. sublicense these rights to: 1. other users to allow the services to work as designed, such as enabling you to share investment strategies with people you choose and 2. our contractors who’ve signed agreements with us that are consistent with these terms.
- The license described above is for the limited purpose of— 7. operating and improving the services, which means allowing the services to work as designed and creating new features and functionalities; 8. using content you’ve shared publicly to promote the services; 9. developing new technologies and services for Tasseo consistent with these terms.
Disclaimers and limitations of liability
- In order to provide our services at an affordable price point, we contract with lower-cost providers of raw financial data. Specifically, we obtain the raw financial data for our services from EOD Historical Data (https://eodhistoricaldata.com/). According to EOD Historical Data, these data “are not necessarily real-time nor accurate. All CFDs (stocks, indices, futures, mutual funds, ETFs), cryptocurrencies, and Forex are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual market price, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes.” As part of the bargain for our affordable services, you agree that you will hold us harmless for any loss or damage that may result from any errors or inaccuracies in our financial data. We disclaim any responsibility for loss or damage that may result from relying on these data.
- To provide our services, we also use standard mathematics and financial software libraries to perform financial calculations. We make no guarantee as to the precision or accuracy of these software libraries.
- We have made commercially reasonable efforts to derive and calculate various technical indicators and fundamental data. We DO NOT warrant that our derivations and calculations are necessarily accurate because (1) they rely on potentially inaccurate data from our third-party data provider, (2) they rely on standard mathematics and financial software libraries that may be inaccurate, and (3) different methods for deriving and calculating these data may exist. Likewise, we have made commercially reasonable efforts to develop a method to simulate the performance of investment strategies that you input, but we DO NOT warrant the accuracy of these simulations. These simulations constitute mere approximations of actual market performance. As a consequence, **we provide access to our derivations and calculations as well as methods to simulate the performance of your own investment strategies “AS IS” and any express or implied warranties, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. **By using our services, you accept the risk that Tasseo’s financial data and calculations may contain inaccuracies or approximations that will affect the accuracy of backtests and simulations in relation to actual market performance.
- In no event shall we be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of our services, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
- Our total liability arising out of or relating to these terms is limited to the greater of (1) US$100 or (2) 100% of the fees that you paid us to use our services in the 12 months before the breach.
Use of our services as a business
- If you choose to use our services to provide investment advice to others, you agree that you will indemnify and hold harmless Tasseo and our members, officers, employees, and contractors for any third-party legal proceedings (including actions by government authorities) arising out of or relating to your use of our services. This indemnity covers any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, judgments, fines, litigation costs, and legal fees.
Disputes and Choice of Law and Forum
- We provide our services using reasonable skill and care. If you believe that our services have harmed you in some way, you agree to tell us and we’ll work with you to try to resolve the issue.
- This contract and its enforcement, and any controversy arising out of or relating to the making or performance of this contract, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to Massachusetts’s principles of conflicts or choice of law.
- The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Suffolk County in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, which shall hear any dispute, claim, or controversy arising in connection with or relating to our services or this contract, including, but not limited to the validity, breach, enforcement, or termination thereof.
Removal of your content and termination of services
- If we reasonably believe that any of your content (1) breaches these terms, (2) violates applicable law, or (3) could harm our other users, third parties, or Tasseo, then we reserve the right to take down some or all of that content in accordance with applicable law. Examples include child pornography, content that facilitates human trafficking or harassment, and content that infringes someone else’s intellectual property rights.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to our services if any of these things happen: (1) we do not receive timely payment from you for the services, (2) you otherwise materially or repeatedly breach these terms, (3) we’re required to suspend or terminate your access to comply with a legal requirement or a court order, (4) we reasonably believe that your conduct causes harm or liability to a user, third party, or Tasseo — for example, by hacking, phishing, harassing, spamming, misleading others, or scraping content that doesn’t belong to you, or (5) your use of our services expends so many resources that it degrades the quality of services for others. If you believe we have suspended or terminated your access to our services in error, please contact us.
- You are free to stop using our services at any time. Simply cancel your subscription and we will stop charging you for access to our services.
- When your subscription ends (for example, if you cancel your subscription or if we terminate your access to our services for the reasons stated above), we will also terminate all of the backtests and live strategies associated with your subscription, and we will no longer send you email updates from your live strategies. We also reserve the right to delete all data associated with your subscription.
- We collect your name, email, a password, and other information during the sign-up process for our services. We use this information to contact you in connection with our provision of services. We do not sell this information to third parties. We only share this information with third parties with whom we contract to develop or maintain our services and solely for the purpose of developing and maintaining our services. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect this information from access by unauthorized parties.
Severability, waiver, modifications, entirety of agreement, and other terms
- If a provision of this contract is or becomes illegal, unenforceable, or invalid in any jurisdiction, it shall not affect (1) the enforceability or validity in that jurisdiction of any other provision of this contract, or (2) the enforceability or validity in other jurisdictions of that or any other provision of this contract.
- Our failure to insist upon strict performance of any of the terms or provisions of this contract or to enforce the terms of this contract shall not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment for the future of any such terms or provisions, but the same shall continue and remain in full force and effect.
- We may update these terms from time to time (1) to reflect changes in our services or how we do business — for example, when we add new services, features, technologies, pricing, or benefits (or remove old ones), (2) for legal, regulatory, or security reasons, or (3) to prevent abuse or harm. If we materially change these terms, we’ll provide you with reasonable advance notice and the opportunity to review the changes, except (1) when we launch a new service or feature, or (2) in urgent situations, such as preventing ongoing abuse or responding to legal requirements. If you do not agree to the new terms, you must stop using the services.
- This contract sets forth the entire agreement between you and Tasseo. Any and all preliminary discussions, negotiations, documents and agreements of any kind between us with respect to the subject matter hereof are superseded hereby and of no further force or effect, with the exception of any other agreement, pleading, document or instrument specifically referenced in this contract. You agree that you have not entered into this contract in reliance upon any promise, representation, or warranty that is not contained herein.